Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Why Do People Still Deny The Holocaust?





Nice try. Tell me, were our parents and grandparents also all in on the conspiracy? They will mention having run into far more than a few survivors, so just how much money did this alleged slush fund for victim bribing have in it? :)

In case you have forgotten, it is now 2017 and the Holocaust ended over 71 years ago. In real life, sad to say, people do get older and die, so one wouldn't expect to find a lot of survivors at this point, and I think you know that.

No, as a non-historian, I'm not going to drop everything to go investigate every fringe theory that comes by, for the same reason that as non-mathematicians, the historians don't drop everything to debunk the claims of the circle squarers and their ilk. Since I'm not trained in the field, I'm not qualified to do research in it, but even if I was, having dealt with cranks in my own subjects, I know what to expect.

You will advance one weak argument after another, and when the last has been knocked down, you'll just go back to the first, trying to "win" just by getting the last word. Anybody who has been online long enough (as in, for more than a week) has seen this game getting played. I've got better things to do with my time than to deal with that.



Note: After I posted the above comment and found that it had been ghosted, I posted this:

"+Josh E Want to hear something funny? I have to give up, because my replies are now getting ghosted. Again."

and found that it, too, had been ghosted. Isn't that hilarious? Whether it is doing so through malfunction or by design, Google is censoring a Jewish poster (that would be me) as he tries to reply to an anti-Semitic hatemonger. Isn't that awesome?



See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv1QJ_yXzg8&google_comment_id=z133wjyrklzcynipp04ccluzqmvwdtxptjc